Women’s writing and publishing:
- Kamila Shamsie’s radical idea to have a year that involves publishing only titles by women in order to address the gender bias in publishing houses.
- The only titles by women that win awards are ones that are written about men or from a masculinist perspective.
On science & tech and women:
- In the sexist corridors of engineering and tech institutions; maternity leave issues, sidelining women, no equal pay, made to feel intellectually inferior and the list goes on.
- Women scientists not holding back and on the cutting edge of research.
- A very interesting article on the prejudice against crying in professions of science.
- More on sexism in science.
- Hilarious and biting tweets to Tim Hunt for his unbelievably sexist comments about women in science.
- And on the witch hunt against Tim Hunt a.k.a playing Devil’s Advocate for the Devil.
- Meena Kandasamy urges people to understand Clinton’s politics (which are acc. To her anti-feminist) before upholding her as the new feminist icon in politics.
- A fantastic answer to the question “Where are the women?”: on sexism in events, seminars, conferences and panel discussions and the stands you can take.
On that lesbian ad for Anouk:
On women and disability in India
That’s all for now, folks – part II up soon!